WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF REQUESTING FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE?
- Complete this form to make a request for financial assistance through the Diaconate Fund. Once the form is completed, two members of the Diaconate will be assigned to your case. Your identity will only be shared with these individuals.
- They will reach out to you to coordinate an in-person meeting to discuss your needs and how the Diaconate can support you. This may be in financial, non-financial ways and/or through prayer. Together, you will create a short-term Support Plan, as well as explore resources for longer-term support.
- For accountability and support, the Diaconate members assigned to you will share your Support Plan, anonymously, with the rest of the Diaconate, who may offer additional suggestions.
- Your plan will then be confirmed with you and the Diaconate members assigned to you will check in regularly based on your Support Plan and needs. You may reach out to them at any time. As your needs are alleviated and you no longer require support from the Diaconate, your case will be closed.
WHAT KINDS OF REQUESTS HAS THE DIACONATE RECEIVED?
- Help moving or putting together furniture
- Meals after an injury, loss, or childbirth
- Getting rides to/from church
- Assisting with groceries
- Support for budgeting skills
- Counselling support
- Help for finding a job
HOW CAN I JOIN THE MEAL MINISTRY?
We are always looking for volunteers around the city who are able to provide meals for congregants in need. To join the meal ministry, email email@example.com.
WHAT KIND OF HELP CAN THE DIACONATE PROVIDE TO ME?
- Connect you to other members in our community who can help in practical ways, such as Gracifieds (an online Grace Toronto “classifieds” group)
- Be a resource for you as you care for others
- Financial assistance for basic living expenses (rent, food, utilities, medical, etc.) through the Diaconate Fund
- Job search coaching
- Prayer, spiritual guidance and accountability
- Coordinating meals for congregants with special circumstances in partnership with Grace Gatherings
- Biblical stewardship and budgeting guidance
- Links to support services throughout the city
- Assist in finding counselling services
HOW CAN I GIVE FINANCIALLY TO THE DIACONATE FUND?
There are two ways to give to the Diaconate fund:
- To give online, click here and select 'Diaconate Fund' on the drop-down menu
- To give by cheque, make your cheque payable to 'Grace Toronto Church' and write 'Diaconate Fund' on the memo line
For more information about giving financially, click here.